Broadway Announces Results of Annual General and Special Meeting of Shareholders and $300,000 Non-brokered Private Placement
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OR FOR DISSEMINATION TO US NEWSWIRE SERVICES
Vancouver, BC – July 23, 2018 – Broadway Gold Mining Ltd. (TSX-V: BRD) (OTCQB: BDWYF) (“Broadway” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce results of the Annual General and Special Meeting of Shareholders, which was held as scheduled at 10:00 PST on Monday, July 16, 2018 at 700-1199 West Hastings Street.
In the meeting, the Shareholders:
- Received and considered the audited annual financial statement of the Corporation for the financial year ended August 31, 2017, and the report of the auditors thereon;
- Fixed the number of Directors at six (6) subject to the Corporation’s Articles of Incorporation;
- Considered and passed an ordinary resolution electing five (5) directors of the corporation, as Steve Hanson withdrew from standing for re-election as a director;
- Appointed MNP LLP, Chartered Accountants, as the auditors of the Corporation for the ensuing year and authorized the Board to fix the auditor’s remuneration;
- Approved the Corporation’s Rolling Share Option Plan; and,
- By a majority of disinterested shareholders, approved the re-pricing of 840,000 stock options previously granted to insiders and employees of the Corporation.
The Board of Directors met following the shareholders meeting and passed the following resolutions:
- A resolution appointing Officers and Directors to the following positions:
a. Duane Parnham, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chairman of the Compensation Committee;
b. Shawn Parnham, Chairman of the Audit Committee;
c. Dr. Roger Laine, Chairman of the Technical Committee;
d. Thomas Smeenk, President & CEO; and,
e. Suzanne L. Wood, Chief Financial Officer.
- A resolution to accept a non-brokered private placement financing of C$300,000 on the following terms:
a. The issuance of 3,000,000 common shares at C$0.10 each; and,
b. The payment of a commission of eight percent (8%) to brokers and dealers, if any.
About Broadway Gold Mining Ltd.
Broadway Gold is focused on the exploration and development of the Broadway and Madison mines and the discovery of the porphyry source of their mineralization. The Company owns a 100% interest in a four-square-mile property, which is in the Butte-Anaconda region of Montana, a porphyry-based mining district. The Company is permitted for exploration and bulk sampling. Of two underground mines, one, the Madison, is Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) compliant. While actively expanding known copper and gold zones open for development, the Company’s exploration program has identified new anomalies along the two-mile contact zone, and across its extensive four-square-mile land package. The Company confirmed a Latite porphyry discovery in holes C17-24 and C17-C27 (see news release dated January 22, 2018) that appears to be of significant size with intercepts to date measuring up to 234 meters, open in all directions.
For more information:
Primoris Group Inc.
This news release includes certain forward-looking statements or information. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release or other future plans, objectives or expectations of Broadway are forward-looking statements that involve various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from Broadway’s plans or expectations include risks relating to the actual results of current exploration activities, fluctuating commodity prices, possibility of equipment breakdowns and delays, exploration cost overruns, availability of capital and financing, general economic, market or business conditions, regulatory changes, timeliness of government or regulatory approvals and other risks detailed herein and from time to time in the filings made by Broadway with securities regulators. Broadway expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise except as otherwise required by applicable securities legislation.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange Inc. nor its regulation services provider (as that term is defined in the policies of The TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.