Broadway acquired the Madison project in October 2016.
In September 2017, the Company reported the identification of copper-gold porphyry targets at depth at its 100%-owned Madison project. With a new geological model and funding raised, Broadway is planning a Phase III drill program to test multiple high-priority targets. The targets were identified through detailed programs in 2017 and extend over a two-mile-long by one-mile-wide zone of geophysical, geological and geochemical indicators.
The geological model includes four primary copper-gold porphyry exploration targets including a variety of geophysical anomalies in four target areas as shown on Figure 1.
Figure 1 – Possible Drill Targets at Madison
Figure 1 – Possible drill targets: Mise-a-la-Masse target for massive sulfides; North Central and East Central target to test deep copper porphyry system; Northeast is target for massive sulfides; and, Southeast contains two targets for copper-gold porphyry.
For the remainder of 2017 and into 2018, Broadway will continue with on-site activity at Madison, focusing on executing exploration strategies to confirm economic deposits of the wide-spread copper-gold mineralization discovered to date.
Phase I and II Drill Programs
In Phase I and II drilling in 2017, and after expanding its program due to initial success, Broadway delivered extremely high-grade gold and copper intersections from Madison, including some of the highest grades intercepted in western USA in recent memory.
19 surface holes over 3,984 meters completed, resulting in discovery of a larger jasper zone with abundant native copper and gold. Results included:
- 725% Cu and 0.097 g/t Au over 49.4 meters in hole C17-16, including 2.571% Cu and 0.151 g/t Au over 30.2 meters.
- 020% Cu and 0.159 g/t Au over 31.1 meters in hole C17-17.
- 247% Cu and 1.843 grams per tonne (g/t) Au over 23.8 meters in hole C17-20, drilled into a massive-sulfide zone that remains open at depth.
Underground drilling in 2017 at Madison intersected bonanza gold grades. The objective of the underground drill program was to test the down dip extension of the auriferous massive sulfide zone below the 600 level. A small program of 307 meters tested the zone with considerable success. Results included:
- 098% Cu and 1.651 g/t Au over 25.3 meters in hole U17-04.
- Three-foot intercepts ranging from 0.074 to 178.5 g/t Au within a 99-foot interval averaging 24.5 g/t Au and 0.391% Cu in hole U17-05.
- 99-foot intercept includes a nine-foot interval of 82.87 g/t Au and 0.366% Cu and a three-foot interval of 178.50 g/t Au and 0.274% Cu.
- 6 g/t Au over 11 meters in hole U17-05.
- 9 meter intercepts ranging from 8.69 to 90.1 g/t Au.
- Seven of 12 samples returned values in excess of 34.3 g/t Au.
Figure 2 – Madison Project – 600 Level Underground Drilling
Additional Milestones to Date
- Peter Walcott and Associates Limited completed deep IP surveying across the entire property targeting skarn and porphyry systems, time domain electro-magnetic (TDEM) surveying over two target areas targeting sulfide accumulations and Mise-a-la-Mase surveying targeting massive sulfide depth extension to underground workings.
- The Company’s technical team completed property-wide surface mapping, rock sampling, and soil geochemistry identifying several zones of recrystallization, alteration, skarnification and surface copper mineralization.
Maps and Sections